9/23

This week I tried a new study tip: avoiding food at least 30 minutes before studying. I noticed that when I followed this, I felt more awake and alert during my sessions. Normally, eating right before made me sluggish and less focused, but giving my body time to settle meant I could concentrate better and retain more information. It was a simple adjustment, but it improved the quality of my studying and made my time more productive.


From this week’s ethics lessons, I focused on three main points: moral reasoning and decision-making, responsibility and accountability, and integrity and consistency. In my work for local government, these show up daily whether I’m weighing how to balance efficiency with protecting sensitive data, taking accountability when a system impacts staff or the public, or maintaining consistency in how I apply rules and communicate with coworkers. These frameworks remind me that even small choices in my role can build trust and make a difference for the community.


Reading What Every Computer Science Major Should Know made me realize how important it is to not just rely on classes but to build a portfolio and really show what I can do. It also reminded me that communication is just as important as technical skill, since in local government I often have to explain systems in a way that non-technical staff can trust and understand. Lastly, the focus on foundations stood out well rounded frameworks change, but if I know the basics, I can solve problems even when tools don’t work the way they should.


After reading the Code of Integrity, I get why it matters so much. For me, it’s about making sure the work I turn in is actually mine so I really learn the skills I’ll need later. In my job and in school, trust is huge—if people can’t count on you, nothing works right. For other students, integrity keeps things fair and makes the program’s degree worth more. It’s less about strict rules and more about building good habits of honesty and accountability.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9/16